Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Frame Done!


The picture really does not do it justice because everyone just keeps saying "it is huge!". 2,000 sf of protected growing space....what a difference it makes. I also found an organic source of compost to help me get ahead...my chickens and I just could not keep up and so with a new greenhouse and a semi truck load of compost I would say we should be able to get caught up over the next month. Irrigation lines are trenched to the future greenhouse sites along with the new livestock area and holes dug for another 30 lavender plants. 100 daffodil bulbs in just for "me" and holes dug for another 10 grape plants and this weekend holes for another 10-15 standard fruit trees for my husband who wants more trees! Lambs lettuce is in outdoors just to check and see just how hardy it is, though it has been a very mild season so far. Application complete for two more greenhouses/high tunnels for next year...wish me luck and a scholarship application to the Small Farm Conference in San Jose...can't wait...I learn so much and I get to meet other small farmers just like us...it really is a great conference!! Well off to complete smoked turkey invoices and get as much done around here as possible before "turkey week". Going over to Bashaws for a few days to handle turkey processing and deliveries and then off to church to help out with BJS annual thanksgiving dinner for anyone who needs a place to go....talk to you soon, but if not soon enough Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment