Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chicken/Sustainable agriculture

This is the Pirociciabo Broccoli that was in an earlier blog. It was mulched with the last of my chicken manure compost and it went crazy!! This is why I do what I do. Nothing like seeing the "Circle of Life"; yes I stole that from Lion King. Whether I am cleaning out a chicken coop like I was yesterday and filling up my composter or processing chickens at the Bashaws it represents the circle of life and sustainable agriculture. There is no waste. At delivery today Phil was teasing me calling me "sadist" because I love being involved in the processing of the chicken, but for me it just completes the process and I get so jazzed to be living what I have always dreamed of. When I am involved in the entire process and I see no waste I feel that I am respecting what the Lord has provided to us. He has provided everything we need whether it be the vitamins and beta carotenes in the vegetables to the protein and vitamins in the chicken. Thank you for supporting me and allowing me to be part of your lives in providing these gifts to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment