Thursday, January 27, 2011

What a great community!


Today was a long, but a very gratifying day. I started the day with checking the emails...there were more orders...late, but I can never deny a customer if there is any way I can meet the order. One of the orders was for Cornish Game Hens and I knew Tom had wanted to come and see the greenhouse frame so i asked him to bring me some Cornish Game Hens from the Bashaws to fill the order. I had just finished processing the orders, and cleaning and sterilzing the kitchen when Tom arrived and I spent a little time showing him the new 20 x 100 frame and talking gardening and animals. He has a lot of experience and I really enjoy his company. I then proceeded to do the harvest, fill the orders and load up for delivery. At our delivery point "News Plus" came by,took pictures, notes for an article and asked if I would write a feature article for him...I said YES...how could i pass up an opportunity to support our agricultural community...I can now let everyone know what is coming up in season...events...etc. If you are from the Tri Community Area and know of anything agricultural-related, 4H events etc. please let us know so we can add it to the feature each month. I then did the appropriate kid drop offs, checked in on karate class and ran off to a Kiwanis meeting. They called last night and asked if I could be the "Speaker" of the night, and I was honored to be asked so off I went. They are a wonderful group of people doing everything they can to make our little neck in the world a better place...thank you Kiwanis and thank you Don Fish from News Plus for making our little community such a great place to live. Off to bed and hopefully will dream about a great feature article...definitely what is in season now...most are out of touch with the seasons...time we leant a hand...kale, collards, Swiss chard, spinach,lettuce, Bok Choy, Tatsoi, green onions and even radishes and beets if you have some cover. Moonstruck signing off. P.S. This is the view from my backyard....yes....great community!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment