Saturday, January 29, 2011

Initiative study to begin...greenhouse covered!


The greenhouse is covered..one more end needs to be completed, and after that we will be requesting inspection and the Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food initiative we were accepted into will begin.

The 3-year, 38-state study will verify if high tunnels are effective in reducing pesticide use (we only use OMRI approved as a last resort), keeping vital nutrients in the soil, extending the growing season, increasing yields, and providing other benefits to growers.

But all I could think as I walked through today was "WOW!". I have a lot of work to do since it has been ignored and tromped on for the last few months, but now seeing it complete and seeing where I need to build the rows...WOWWWWWW!!! I can't wait to get out there and just start digging and planting!! I have nursery beds in the old greenhouse waiting to be transplanted and some starts that should be ready in a week or so in the house! Everything else will go in by seed including snow peas and an Endive experiment!! Moonstruck signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment